Saturday, August 2, 2014

Oh what sweet bliss on this lovely night!!

******Sometime between now and the last class (Aug. 6) take one 3-hour chunk of time and do whatever it is that makes you happiest. Before you start, think about the cover/surface/first impression of your "altared" book of the self. Then do the bliss assignment. Afterward, revisit your thoughts about the cover/surface/first impression of the book. Discuss this process on your blog and whether or not you had any different understanding or more creative thoughts about it after having just finished the bliss assignment. Post the URL to your blog entry here for your points.***********
   

At first I didn’t exactly know what I wanted on the cover of my book. It’s been something I’ve been pondering the whole semester. I have gone over in my head a few different ideas, one being to totally rebind the book and leather bound it with some sort of lock incorporated onto the front.

I then read over the assignment and decided what I really enjoy is watching television. So I decided I would spend the assignment watching television. I came across a great idea for the cover of my book and I think I want to incorporate one of my favorite tv characters onto the front of the book. No the book I have has nothing to do with television but it’s the principle of having something I enjoy on the front, since the whole book is about turning a negative into a positive anyway. I do really think relaxing and being able to clear my head, while enjoying some television really helped get the creative process going for myself. I’m looking forward to seeing how the cover of my book will turn out and the reactions of the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment